Posted Apr 5
Headquarters: New York, NY
Our company runs on data. We have a lot of data, and a lot of people looking at that data.
For most areas of our business, there are systems, processes, and tools in place to extract, transform, load, read, visualize, and query data from many different sources.
Recently, a new business unit joined our family. This business is thriving and its customers are very happy. There is a lot of data here, too, but there are few systems, processes, or tools in place to handle this data.
This is where you come in.
We are kicking off the process of building new reporting systems for this business, and you will be the first data engineer working on this project.
This is a unique opportunity to have a lot of control over a greenfield project, yet at the same time join a well established team with many other experienced engineers who have solved similar problems.
This is a very long term project, very well funded, and we are committed to making the best technical choices while solving problems that will increase business value and make many people very happy.
Specifically, the person hired for this role will:
- Work closely with business and engineering stakeholders to understand reporting needs
- Work closely with a Data Architect to design a complicated reporting system
- Work with other engineers to choose a platform for implementing that reporting system (full stack)
- Create a suite of processes for ingesting data from a dozen different internal and external data sources
- Choose or build querying and visualization tools
- Rinse, repeat, and have lots of fun with data!
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Software engineering experience
- Experience producing and consuming event driven data
- Experience building scalable and reliable data pipelines
- Understanding of structured and unstructured data design and modeling
- Passion for data engineering automation and efficiency
- Experience with technologies like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Spark, Hadoop
- Familiar with AWS services and data process frameworks
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of ad serving platforms and online advertising systems is a huge plus.
CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this position
Please click the link below: http://cafemedia.applytojob.com/apply/xK34xw897b/Data-Engineer?source=we+work+remotely