We’re Hiring A Legendary (Or Soon-To-Be Legendary) Content Marketer
Posted Apr 12
There are companies that do content marketing to “check the box.”
You know what we mean: write a bunch of average blog posts, publish them, announce it to their 49 Twitter followers and call it a day.
And there are companies that do content marketing because it pays the bills.
Of course, companies that do content marketing well know that it takes a ton of work, strategic thinking, relentless outreach and only ever settling for publishing the best damn content of its kind on the planet.
...because anything less wouldn’t pay the bills.
Are you the kind of content marketer who wants to phone it in at the first type of company? Or the kind that wants to kick ass at the second type?
If you fall in the latter camp, then we want to talk to you.
Groove is a customer service software company that has built our entire business on content marketing. That’s not an exaggeration: nearly all of our new customers come in through our blogs.
And we’re looking for a legendary (or soon-to-be-legendary) content marketer to help us take our content game to the next level.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with smart, talented people who deeply believe in you and the work you do
- Build your skills as a “full-stack” content marketer, becoming a better writer, editor, promoter and strategist
- Freedom to work on the kinds of content projects that get you excited, as long as they push us toward our company goals
- Build your own brand as a content marketer writing for a platform of 250,000+ engaged monthly readers
- Work from anywhere in the world with an internet connection
- Competitive salary, obviously
What you’ll work on:
- You'll work directly with Len, our Head of Marketing, to develop best-in-class content every week that helps our audience succeed at customer support, customer success and more, including:
- Long-form, deeply-researched, fluff-free, SEO-friendly blog posts
- Lead magnets (eBooks, PDF guides, email courses)
- Educational content (online courses)
- Infographics and Slideshares (you’ll write the copy)
- Customer case studies
- Pitch in your expertise to help us meet various quarterly goals, like “increase email subscribers to X” or “improve conversions on page Y”
- Build drip email campaigns that make it irresistible for subscribers to turn into Groove trial users, and for trial users to turn into paying customers
- Help us bring in new traffic through guest posting, influencer outreach and building relationships with other sites
- Contribute to our company-wide editorial calendar
- Come up with strategies and ideas to keep pushing our content machine forward, and then own the execution
- Significant experience crushing it as a content marketer (both developing content and driving traffic to it), with a deep understanding of list building strategy
- Self-starting and communicative; we’re a remote team, and you’ll be responsible for doing amazing work when nobody is watching
- Experience working remotely
- Organized; our content strategy has a lot of moving pieces, and you’ll help us add more
If you haven’t already seen our blogs, check them out here:
Before applying, take some time to learn more about our company, and especially our core values. They’re very, very important to us.
If this sounds like a role you’re excited to take on, email len at groovehq with:
- “Content Marketer” in the subject line
- Links to your past work
- 2 ideas for how you might help Groove increase email subscribers in your first 30 days
- Your favorite GIF and/or Urban Dictionary word
Apply for this position