Customer Support Specialist
Posted May 3
Headquarters: Planet Earth
Hiya. We’re SkyVerge and we love eCommerce. Our products help merchants manage and grow their online stores, all the way from boutique corner shop to Fortune 500 retailers. We’re looking for two Customer Support Specialists to join our fully-distributed team and help support our entire suite of products.
You’ll be the first point of contact for our customers, helping them with problems, and answering questions. As part of a small team, you'll likely get your hands dirty with a little bit of everything.
Here are some things you may do on a given day:
- Assist customers by troubleshooting technical problems and escalating to the engineering team as needed
- Answer pre-sales questions, billing & account changes, and other feedback from customers
- Monitor social media and forums where customers may have questions or issues with our products and get them the help they need
- Help with customer onboarding by installing and modifying code on customers’ stores
- Write technical documentation and other content so customer’s can help themselves
- Help our engineering & product teams to identify areas where we can improve the customer experience
- Document and optimize our support process to improve customer satisfaction
With over 70 products across the three eCommerce platforms (Shopify, WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads) that we support, there's plenty to learn. You’ll be expected to own the support queue for a set of products for a week before rotating to another set. We’re aiming for you to have broad knowledge (mile-wide, inch-deep) and work closely with the product & engineering team to tackle more technical or in-depth questions that go beyond your knowledge.
You have that unique combination of technical aptitude and empathy for the user. You’re comfortable with code but prefer to be customer-facing. You’re self-driven with a sense of urgency and draw satisfaction from going above and beyond to provide solutions. You’re an excellent communicator and have the ability to thrive in a distributed environment. Perhaps most importantly, you have a willingness to learn.
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- solid understanding of HTML / CSS
- Native-level fluency in English (Are you fluent in other languages? Tell us! We love being able to support customers in their native language.)
- Outstanding written communication and interpersonal skills
- Boundless curiosity for our products and our customers
- Ability to thrive in a remote environment (along with a reliable internet connection)
It’s helpful if you have:
- Experience with PHP / Ruby (or other programming languages)
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with Shopify / WooCommerce (or other eCommerce platforms)
- Experience supporting SaaS products
- Experience supporting downloadable software (especially in the LAMP stack)
Our team is fully-remote and we communicate primarily through Slack, GitHub, and weekly stand-ups on Monday via Zoom (a few short meetings on Monday) — we believe the best work happens when given lots of uninterrupted time that’s free of distractions.
As a remote team, we believe that regular meet-ups are invaluable for getting to know each other better, so you should be available for 1-2 company-paid team trips per year. Curious about these trips? Check out of our last team retreat (SkyTrip) to get an idea of what they’re like.
This is a full-time, salaried position, but hours are flexible. We know your work will speak for itself with thoughtful replies to customers, wiki edits, and published documentation.
Qualified candidates will get an email with a few questions to answer via email. Following that, you’ll have a few 30 minute phone chats with different people on our team to learn more about you and answer any questions you have about the position and company.
If this goes well, we’ll invite you to join our team and start your 30-day Bootcamp. This is a trial period where you’ll work full-time as a contractor, or part-time on nights/weekends if you already have a full-time position. This gives you an opportunity to make sure you enjoy the work and the team, and it gives us an opportunity to evaluate your work. We’ll have regular chats each week to share feedback and make sure we’re on the same page. At the end of the 30 days, you’ll be offered a permanent position
Apply for this position
Apply at https://skyverge.workable.com/jobs/480766/candidates/new -- you can expect an email follow-up within 7 days of applying if we'd like to chat further.