Customer Service Pro (Full-time, Remote)
Posted May 19
Headquarters: Austin, TX
We’re looking for a tech-savvy people person to join our superpowered squad of customer service pros. Our product serves an amazing community of business owners, bloggers, and social media professionals, and you’ll be on the front lines for answering their questions and keeping them happy as heck.
Our CX team operates on a solution-driven philosophy, and we want to up the ante with even more personalized, one-on-one attention wherever we can. (That means actually solving problems for our users - not just saying what we think they want to hear.)
The next addition to our team will be someone who is legitimately passionate about providing the best in customer support - someone who can tackle tasks like hopping on an impromptu video call with a customer, or working on personalized onboarding and engagement campaigns alongside the rest of our solution-focused team members.
Edgar launched in Summer 2014, and we already have thousands of happy, paying, fabulous customers. We’re also growing by about ~20% month over month, which means lots of users - and lots of support! Fortunately, you’re an empathetic and articulate communicator with an outlook so positive it’s almost creepy. You love people? We love you.
Job Deets Cheat Sheet
- You live anywhere in North America
- Full Time - 40 hours a week; 9am - 5pm, 10am - 6pm, or 11am to 7pm Eastern Time (Your first month will be from 10am - 6pm ET)
- You’re super comfortable with social media (like, sweatpants-level comfortable)
- You'll be helping our customers out with general questions, techie-type troubleshooting, and a wee bit of salesy stuff. Your knowledge of social media and Internet marketing is icing on top of the support cake.
- You’re motivated, proactive, and quite often referred to as the technically inclined go-to in your personal circle of friends and family
- You want to make lots of people super happy!
** Please note that we are accepting applications for this role through June 2, 2017. If we think you are a fit for the role, we'll be in touch by June 9, 2017.
Your greatest talent in life is putting people at ease and making them feel heard. (Or juggling chainsaws, because that’d be SO COOL.) You don’t take it personally when someone has a complaint, so when the going gets salty, you stay sweet and bounce right back to help out whoever’s next in line. We live on the Internet, so you’re a master of written communication and can always tell whether someone needs a quick answer or a little extra hand-holding. You love working with tech, exploring new tools and apps, and using your black belt in Google Fu to find resourceful solutions for the most problem-y problems.
We’re into CS that’s smart, proactive, and actually helpful, so don’t expect to spend day after day getting smacked in the face with complaints and sending the same soul-sucking form responses to people. (That’s SO not your style.) You’re a translator who speaks 1000 dialects of Customer-ese, so when somebody has a problem, you know how to suss out the issue at its heart and put their pain point in your crosshairs. You’ve got a mind of your own, and you’re looking for a job that’ll let you use it, and make serious contributions outside of just answering emails. (Even though you’re a total pro at it.)
You're not just a job-doer - you're a job-FINISHER. One who takes ownership of the challenges you face, and sees them through to the end!
And you know, you’re a just-plain-swell human being. (It’s okay for you to admit that!) Customer service takes smarts AND a sparkling personality, and yours sparkles like a diamond fresh out of the dishwasher. You love being part of an awesome team, but you’re also good at the whole self-management thing - you’re in charge of a lot of your own workflow, so you’ve gotta be able to focus and prioritize without anyone creepily staring at you over the wall of a cubicle.
You Should . . .
- Have previous SaaS support, help desk, or call center experience. (Extra bonus points if you've also worked in the food service industry and came out alive!)
- Be open to new and unique challenges — you've got problem-solving skillz to pay the billz (in this case, literally)
- Know your @-replies from your @-mentions
- Understand what "inspect element" and "view source" are (hint: they aren't the titles of science fiction movies)
- Be comfortable video-chatting with current and potential users
- Have a working knowledge of basic social media marketing strategy and common practices
Look Elsewhere if You . . .
- can't take constructive criticism
- don't use social media
- don't live in North America or can't work the hours described
- are on dial-up and can't get broadband where you live
Apply for this position
Go to http://ed.gr/meetedgarcsproapp to fill out an application for this role.