Products Marketing Specialist
Posted Sep 6
Modern Tribe’s products team is looking for a marketing specialist ready to flex their digital muscles in a remote team environment. If content marketing is your jam and you’re based in North America, let’s talk.
You’ll know this is the right role for you if you enjoy implementing marketing programs by creating engaging content, driving new funnel leads, increasing sales conversions, and building customer loyalty.
In this role, you will work closely with our Products Marketing Strategist to provide general assistance for all marketing-related activities across our existing portfolio of WordPress plugins downloaded by millions of users across the globe, as well as our upcoming new product launches.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Specifically, this opportunity is with our digital products teams working on all things related to TheEventsCalendar.com and other related endeavors. The common threads in marketing for our digital products are websites and events.
You will submerse yourself in understanding our customers to create marketing content that resonates with our target audiences. You will also provide general support to implement and measure a variety of digital marketing campaigns.
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
- A FREELANCER This means that if you live within the USA, you will also maintain your own personal client list and that Modern Tribe will only comprise a proportion of your total income. Regardless of where you live, you need to be already freelancing.
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge + Experience
- Min 2 years content marketing experience
- Prior experience creating marketing content for digital products
- Ability to write content in a personable, friendly, conversational tone
- Proficiency using WordPress for content publishing & maintenance
- Firm grasp of on-page SEO best practices
- Understanding of calendar/event plugins functionality and use cases
- Ability to create goal-based content with measurable results
- History of community growth and engagement success using social media
- Experience working with a design team to create visual assets for campaigns
- Strong teamwork skills to ensure your work aligns with a greater integrated campaign strategy
- Design experience or training
- Experience writing for international audiences
- Web analytics and reporting proficiency
- Publishing experience with multiple CMS platforms
- Experience with audience segmentation and personalized marketing campaigns
- Experience setting up and running CPC/CPM campaigns using Facebook and AdWords, including retargeting campaigns and custom audiences
- Experience with the freemium model of customer acquisition
- Familiarity with the WordPress community and plugin ecosystem
Your primary responsibility is to support marketing campaigns through content creation including blog posts, landing pages, social media, email newsletters, and other content marketing avenues.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Planning and scheduling participation to establish deadlines and report on progress
- Work with design resources to create visual assets aligned with our brand
- Social media management – regularly monitoring and updating Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Monitor industry news and trends for new marketing opportunities
- Research and monitor the competitive landscape
- Assist with other marketing activities across product lines
Work from anywhere in the US or Canada; if you are in Central or South America, let’s talk. This will be a 100% remote position. If your working hours are in a timezone outside of the US range, but you work 3+ hours of overlap each day our team might be able to consider your application.
This role has a range of $25-$30 USD per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. The gig is about 20 hours per week of work. This is a one time annual contract position, though we are always seeking longer relationships with kick-ass people.
We believe that freelancing is a way of life. We understand what it means to be a freelancer. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
(Also, if you work enough with us, we’ll bring you on the team trips.)
Apply for this position
Please apply on our website: http://m.tri.be/19r6