Posted Sep 7
Headquarters: New York, NY
- Own all code related to automated build-out of our cloud infrastructure. This includes code recipes that automatically build our EC2 boxes; monitoring/alerting scripts; cost reporting tools; and more.
- Evaluate new technologies that assist Parse.ly’s data engineering and user experience teams at an infrastructure level. Examples of technologies evaluated in the past: Datadog APM, Varnish, Docker, Vagrant, AWS Elasticache, AWS RDS, Logstash/Kibana, PgBouncer.
- Assist in the roll-out of critical services. For example, one of our Infrastructure Engineers recently assisted with the roll-out of a new Python Tornado based API server, replacing a service that’s hit by our customers more than 2 billion times per month. This upgrade happened with no customer service interruptions and no server downtime.
Gain operational expertise for core data infrastructure technologies, including Amazon S3, Kafka, Zookeeper, Storm, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Redis, Postgres, and Spark.
- Report on improvement of key Service-Level Objectives (SLOs) within Parse.ly, such as API response times, service uptime, end-to-end data processing latency, and more.
- Past experience programming in Python
- Depth of experience with AWS
- Deep love of UNIX/Linux
- Comfort with shell scripting and server automation
- Has read all or part of “Site Reliability Engineering” book from Google/O’Reilly (available free here)
Apply for this position
Send your CV or LinkedIn profile; Github link or similar if available; and optionally links to projects or code. Use the email address here: email@example.com. Include 1-3 paragraphs about why you're interested in the role. Make sure to indicate you are applying for the "Infrastructure Engineer" role, and mention WeWorkRemotely.