Software Engineer - Kuali Financials
Headquarters: Lehi, UT
We are looking for a talented engineer who loves to create solutions that customers love to use.
We have a terrifying and wildly exciting task ahead of us: transform a best-in-class enterprise financial system for higher ed from customizable to configurable, monolithic to modular, bloated to concise, complex to simple, difficult to delightful, manually to automatically tested. Our stack is Node.js and MySQL/Oracle.
Our team is fully distributed across the continental United States. The ideal candidate will have at least a year of experience telecommuting and know that they are happy and productive doing so.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Helping set architectural direction
- Writing elegant, well-tested, maintainable code
- Creating amazing software and supporting it in a DevOps capacity
- Building relationships with customers to develop a deep understanding of their needs
- Collaborating with domain experts and designers to create delightful solutions
- Pairing with engineers on other teams to develop shared services and integrations
- Invigorating the team, the company, and the customer community
About the company...
Kuali is a growing cloud software company that partners with colleges and universities to build open source software in a competitive space. Our market it rife with outdated, inefficient, legacy ERPs that leave users yearning for better solutions. We are committed to improving our customers experience and reducing their investment in administrative software. We’re generating revenue and growing quickly with over 160 customers and 70 employees. You’ll have a significant impact on what we do and how we do it because we are an empowered group of entrepreneurs. You’ll also get to work with some truly amazing people. We offer an exceptional benefits package including full premium coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care. We offer 401(k) matching, employee profit sharing and all the paid-time off that you need (just work it out with your manager).
If these company values appeal to you, then we should talk:
- Deliver Amazing Experiences
- Cultivate Openness
- Iterate to Evolve
- Act with Accountability
- Assume the Best
- Practice Humility
You have many years of experience. You’re curious. You solve hard problems. You execute. You advocate for the customer. You produce value. You love learning and innovating. You want to spend time honing your craft as well as teaching and learning from your peers. You are dedicated and love to be challenged.
- You’ve worked on multiple web applications.
- You care about the quality of your code.
- You care about user experience and about having a rock solid back end.
- You’re well versed in at least one programming language, but preferably many.
- You’re versatile. You know when to think big and when to act small. You’re equally comfortable in both greenfield and refactoring projects.
- You’re inspired to achieve results and your enthusiasm is contagious.
- You’re passionate about your role in helping customers and other developers achieve their missions, and you advocate for them fiercely.
- You’re curious, continuously seeking knowledge, and you share your discoveries with others.
- You know how to influence and serve.
- You’re comfortable navigating the complexity of large enterprise applications.
- You have tailored agile methodologies to your needs.
- You’re into continuous delivery and DevOps.
If you have some of these too we’ll be delighted:
- You have experience with the Higher Education community.
- You’ve shipped Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions.
- You've worked with microservices architectures.
- You’ve been through incremental refactoring efforts.
401k matching (up to 4% of your salary)
Full health premiums for you + dependents
Take the PTO you need
Technology and training allowances