Senior Developer - Ruby / Rails / ELM
Posted Oct 12
Headquarters: Chicago, IL
HubTran (www.hubtran.com) is a fast-growing technology startup focused on automating work in the logistics industry. Through a combination of a powerful browser based interface and utilizing machine learning, we are able to reduce our customer's workload by 4x or more. We are seeing tremendous growth, primarily through word of mouth, and expect to see substantial growth within the next 12 months. HubTran is already cash flow positive with significant upside potential.
In order to take advantage of the opportunity in front of us, we're looking for another seasoned developer. Reporting directly to the CTO, you'll be a key member of our eight person development team. You'll work closely with both business leaders and customers to help define what we should be building. You'll also work closely with other developers to design, develop, test, and deploy new and improved functionality to our customers on a daily basis.
At Hubtran, you'll be joining a team that:
- Has experience. 6 of the 8 developers have more than 10 years of professional experience, and one has published a book with the Pragmatic Programmers.
- Has won the Chicago Innovation Award and Harvard Business School New Venture Contest.
- Is remote friendly. We care about what you can accomplish, not where you choose to accomplish it from.
- Believes diversity is essential and strongly encourage applications from women and minority candidates.
- Can articulate their values. You can read about our values at https://www.hubtran.com/marketing/blog/2017/6/welcome-to-the-new-hubtran-blog.
- Pays well.
In order to be successful in this role you should be:
- Experienced. You have designed and implemented entire projects not just individual stories.
- A full stack developer. You are comfortable styling CSS as you are with writing performant SQL queries.
- Self-directed. You can work on your own while prioritizing multiple company objectives and problems.
- Collaborative. You can work with others to improve a solution.
- Empathetic. Your designs are influenced by a deep understanding of the customers' needs.
- A strong communicator. You will proactively communicate issues and trade-offs with team members to support alignment and fast decision making.
Bonus points for:
- Experience or strong interest in Machine Learning.
- Experience with functional languages like Elm, Haskell, OCaml, Elixir, or Clojure
- Previous Logistics experience.
Apply for this position
Send an introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org