Senior Node.js / React Developer
ManageFlitter / ManageSocial
Headquarters: Sydney Australia
ManageFlitter – http://ManageFlitter.com – is a multi-award winning SaaS social media management product. ManageFlitter is used by over 3 million people around the world with paid customers from over 100 countries.
Our new product http://ManageSocial.com is well into development (we are very close to private alpha release). You can get a sneak peak of a very early version of ManageSocial here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2oABEOCdpo&featur...
This is a unique opportunity to work on an interesting greenfield project. Initially you will be working with 1 mid-weight engineer , 1 UI designer, and a tech lead to take this product from alpha to launch and beyond. You will also be working directly with the CEO.
ManageFlitter is headquartered in Sydney with team members in Canada, Brazil, Ukraine & Russia. We are approximately 50% remote based.
We believe Social Media is changing the world and we love being part of the change.
We are looking for someone with outstanding technical experience and a preference for working with a small smart team to work with us on our new ManageSocial product.
Whilst this is a remote friendly role our headquarters are based in Sydney Australia - time crossover is required with the team in Sydney and team members in other parts of the world. Depending on your location this may require you to time shift to some degree.
Team is everything and we are proud of the great ManageFlitter and ManageSocial team that we have built. To ensure that the team remains of a very high standard we follow a fairly rigorous hiring process:
- Initial 10-20 minute Skype chat.
- Technical task: a custom designed technical task that allows us to gain insight into your approach to solving technical problems: 2-4 hours for someone familiar with our stack.
- Technical interview: in depth technical chat based on your technical task: 1-2 hours.
- Skype chat with 1-2 additional team members - 1 hour.
- Impeccable English communication skills.
- 5+ years experience building APIs preferably with Node.js, Express.js / Koa.js or similar.
- Strong literacy with ES6 features and stay up to date with standards using babel.
- Experience working with TDD including writing unit, integration & functional tests.
- Experience working with BDD.
- Experience delivering responsive UX/UI.
- Understands Websockets and using Redis pub/sub model for real time communication with clients.
- Previously worked on development of products using a SQL storage backend.
- Experience building SPAs using React.
- Experience working with AWS cloud services including Lambda.
- Experience working with Postgres at scale.
- Has built an application implementing the following:
- Experience working in an agile environment with a working knowledge of scrum and kanban workflows.
- Relevant tertiary education.
BONUS SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Product flair.
- Strong working knowledge of the Twitter and Instagram API.
- Experience writing technical specifications and documentation.
- Has contributed to open source projects (provide examples if available).
- Experience leading technical teams.
Our company culture is easygoing but hardworking. We believe in work-life balance but we also all enjoy being part of a fast moving focused and productive team.
We are committed to creating a culture where every team member can do their best work.
If the above sounds like a role you may be interested in please apply! We would love to hear from you.
Apply for this position
Please apply at the following url: https://manageflitter.workable.com/jobs/544542