Senior Support Engineer - APAC Region
Posted Nov 21
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
- We’re looking for someone who can work hours that overlap with Asia Pacific time zones.
- Because we value work-life balance and creating a sustainable position, we prefer if you are geographically located in an equivalent timezone to UTC +13 to UTC +8 (so you do not need to zone-shift or work far outside of normal business hours where you live).
- This job is Monday-Friday, full-time in your timezone (hours are flexible but we prefer it if you can keep a regular pattern)
Are you empathetic to developers and love to problem-solve? We’d love to talk to you if:
- You are self-sufficient and love the challenge of solving problems and learning new things.
- You welcome an environment where you can do great work independently.
- You’re patient and resilient, with an excellent sense of humor.
- You’re an exceptional listener and educator, and you’re naturally curious with a strong desire to learn.
- You’re an effective communicator, fluent in written English.
- Your writing is clear and simple. You’re confident with humility and empathy.
- You have determination and take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- You aren’t scared of a challenge. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better.
- You have strong Linux / Unix based operating system knowledge. Bash and shell scripting skills are invaluable.
- You’re familiar with the ecosystems around these stacks (their frameworks, dependency management tools and deployment options).
- You’re familiar with relational and non-relational databases and their configuration options.
- You’re experienced with Git and Github / Bitbucket.
- You’ve worked with Docker and container based technologies.
- You’re comfortable searching and reading log files to locate the source of problems.
- Have some knowledge of Unit Testing and Test Driven Development.
- Have some knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies.
Apply for this position
If you’re interested in joining the team, please follow the link above to send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit. If you have an easily accessible presence on the web (Twitter, blog, Github, LinkedIn, etc.) please share it. We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We’re hiring at all experience levels, and seek talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who are equally committed to cultivating a work environment of respect and kindness. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.