Software Engineer in Test
Posted Nov 22
Headquarters: Chicago, IL
We’re on the lookout for a take-charge Software Engineer in Test to join the Product and Engineering Team at Hireology.
Hireology is based in Chicago, but our Engineering team works remotely, so you’ll have the option of working from the comfort of your home (or right in our office if you’re local). Compensation is very competitive, and we offer a full benefits package. We have regular company-wide events, biannual Engineering team gatherings in Chicago, and frequent celebrations when we hit our goals.
Software Engineering in Test has a keen sense of a tester yet loves writing code and lots of it, designs and implements many tools and testing frameworks, uses the latest technology and has plenty of room for innovation.
Day to day responsibilities:
• Help implement an easy to use, continuously deployed product
• Prototype, test, code, and refactor. Then lather, rinse, and repeat
• Write complex test codes to implement a test design. Set up a test automation and execution framework.
• Translate existing manual regression test cases into automated tests
• Executes manual test cases if needed and reports results.
• Provides input to Development on software design and on ways to increase product testability to support more extensive test automation.
• Design automation strategies, test strategies and test cases to automate new features and enhance existing functionality
• Work with QA Engineers to evaluate test cases and determine which should be automated
• Communicate challenges and limitations of automation to a technical and non-technical audience
To qualify for consideration you:
• Have mid-level skills in writing applications with Ruby and/or Rails
• Familiar with service-oriented architecture concepts
• Experience working with Agile methodologies
• Excited about creating quality code using TDD
• Comfortable in a modern software engineering environment with distributed source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment
• Fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
• Must have authorization to work in USA
• Please - no agency or third party inquiries
Apply for this position
Please apply online at: http://www.hireology.com/careers/?hireology_job_id=160438