Director of Growth Product Management
Posted Nov 30
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
What We Do
The Director of Growth Product Management
- Partnering with the client for the ideation, prioritization, road-mapping, design, and approval process for all hypotheses generation and experimentation
- Diving deep into the results to deliver the data story, learnings and recommendations from the experiment
- Collaborating with a remote team of engineers, designers and other PMs to support experiment ideation and execution
- Managing all aspects of the client relationship from daily experiment monitoring to kicking off the renewal process to evangelizing the value of CROmetrics
- Support the professional growth of the team through leading and/or participating in ongoing training, e.g. book club
- Engage in non-client related activities that help grow our business, e.g. writing the PM job description or delivering hypotheses and mock-ups for a sales deck
- Actively participate in our remote culture
Who we’re looking for
- 10+ years of professional experience working in digital product management, user experience design or similar roles on web products. You must have experience running successful, mature A/B testing or personalization programs. Familiarization with Optimizely is a bonus.
- Experience managing other product managers or marketers running optimization programs.
- 5+ years experience managing others.
- Demonstrated extremely strong presentation and communication skills
- Built and delivered product roadmaps full of winning and losing ideas
- Passion for using data to improve user experiences
- Hands-on experience analyzing digital business data to inform decisions and plan strategically
- Worked cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment, preferably in a remote capacity
- Genuinely like working with clients and their distributed stakeholder groups
- Love product strategy, but obsessed with the details on execution
- Lifelong learner
- We’re a remote company. We are spread out all over the country and enjoy the flexibility remote working affords. Want to go on a mountain bike ride in the middle of the day? Cool, don’t forget your helmet! Need to pick the kids up from school? Nice, you’ve got parent of the year in the bag. We stay connected through Slack and workcations, including one annual trip that is funded by the company.
- Our engineers value elegant code, but move fast. We’re writing code that runs on top of existing websites. Some tests only run for a few days before disappearing (though some do so well they become a permanent part of the client’s site). If “minimum viable product” isn’t in your lexicon, you aren’t a good fit.
- Communication is critical. We’re a remote company. That makes communication — including writing and reading comprehension — extremely important. You’ll work closely with engineers, designers and writers. This is not a simple “write specs and close tickets” gig. Successful applicants enjoy the process of defining and clarifying specs, documenting processes, improving processes, seeing their ideas and work affect millions of users, and uploading custom emoji to Slack.
- We’re relentlessly focused on our client’s happiness. The PM is a client-facing role. Managing a client relationship virtually takes a different type of skill set – the PMs have to be both a strategic partner, the customer (represented by the data), teacher and project manager over the phone/email/Slack, all while delivering an exceptional level of service. This type of interaction is not for everyone, and we completely understand. It’s not easy!
- We are not perfect. A the core of experimentation is the lesson to be learned from the test, whether a win, loss or inconclusive. We extend this concept to everything we do by setting the bar high for our team and fostering an environment of radical candor and constant learning.
- Read more about our culture and core values on our culture page.
A unique application and hiring process, just like us
- Your first task is to come up with a hypothesis backlog of at least 6-8 ideas you have for improving conversions for Hired.com. An example of a hypothesis is: “Adding a video to the Hired website will help job candidates understand how Hired works and therefore, increase conversions.”
- Once you’ve developed your hypothesis backlog, choose one of the ideas that you believe is most likely to increase leads.
- Write a spec for your chosen idea comprised of the user story, any supporting data, expected user or page interactions, engineering notes, etc. Optionally, you may also produce a wireframe and/or a visual to go along with your spec, using any number of UX tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, Invision or even simple pen/paper sketching. Just be sure to submit your spec as an image so anyone can view it without special software.
Apply for this position
When you’ve completed your hypothesis backlog and spec, please send an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, include the following: +A cover letter that includes a description of prior AB Testing, agency, and/or management experience. +A link to your LinkedIn profile and the name of the town/city you live in. Note the job is open to US-based applicants only. +Desired annual compensation range (to ensure we’re not wasting one another’s time – we’re not going to hold you to this number) and general availability. +The hypothesis/ideas backlog you created for Hired.com +The spec/wireframe for one of your top hypotheses. Assuming your submission exceeds expectations, we will reach out to schedule a few informal conversations with our team to learn more about you, and provide an opportunity for you to ask questions of us. If all goes well for both you and CROmetrics, we will hire you for a “paid interview” where you start working with us for approximately one week (12-15 hours max) as a 1099 contractor. This can be done on the side of your current full-time job so there is less risk to you. If both parties like working together, we expand the relationship into a full time W2 role. If not, we go our separate ways and both sides “won” in the deal. Thanks again for your interest in the Director of Growth Product Manager position with CROmetrics. We look forward to hearing from you!