Application Security Engineer
Posted Nov 30
PhishMe's New Product Engineering team is seeking an Application Security Engineer to assist the Development, Production Engineering, and Security Operations teams with application-level security assessment and threat mitigation. The successful candidate must have professional work experience.
This is a full-time position working for PhishMe, Inc. Outsourced or software development contractors will NOT be considered.
- Review merge requests from Development and Production Engineering teams to proactively address security concerns before changes are merged to master
- Validate and address findings from static analysis tools
- Perform routine internal penetration testing
- Develop and evangelize secure programming standards
- You will perform security reviews of software designs, and assist others to ensure quality and robustness of our products.
- Perform overall design review, including protocol checks for security issues
- Examine communication protocols and data storage mechanisms for security risks
- Validate, address, and document responses to security findings from third-party penetration testing engagements
- Other responsibilities as requested
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with PhishMe will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. PhishMe reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Successful applicants must be:
- Passionate about application security
- A self-starter who can identify work that needs to be done without waiting for direction
- Comfortable mentoring engineers that are globally distributed.
- Have an understanding of OS concepts such as scheduling, interrupt handling, virtualization of computing resources.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of C/C++ programming skills and are comfortable learning new languages.
- Proficient in OOP (object oriented programming design and principles)
- Comfortable working independently but able to escalate problems when necessary
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Willing to mentor and guide fellow team members kindly and constructively
- Enjoy sharing knowledge via documentation
- Happy to travel occasionally for team meetings and events
Your experience should demonstrate that you:
- Have extensive professional experience in information security, as a vulnerability researcher, QA engineer, or developer
- Can write PoC code and documentation that clearly demonstrate vulnerabilities
- Are proficient with or able to quickly learn automation tools such as Selenium
- Are able to find solutions to challenging technical puzzles with atypical constraints
- Can effectively use git and understand common SCM workflows
- Are able to write code that is intentional and readable rather than magically obscure
- Enjoy tinkering
It would really be outstanding if you:
- Have previous professional, full-stack app-sec experience
- Can list and demonstrate examples of the OWASP Top 10;
- Are familiar with BDD
- Have working knowledge of AWS or other cloud computing platforms
- Have used static analysis tools such as Brakeman and Bundler-Audit
- Have experience using CI environments (Jenkins/Docker)
- Have experience with secure code quality practices and tooling to support quick engagements and rapid analysis - static analysis tools (Coverity, Checkmarx, or similar), dynamic scanning (Rapid 7, AppSider, or similar), Fuzzing (AFL, Peach, or similar) and code coverage (Bullseye, LDRA, etc)
- Have experience with security incident response activities and penetration testing
- Have experience with Ada/Spark language variant and formal proof verification a plus.
- Are familiar with proxies, firewalls, mail infrastructure, and other solutions commonly seen in large enterprises
- Have customer support experience (retail, help desk, consulting, etc.)
- Include a link to GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket profile
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 401k with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, life insurance
- Telecom reimbursement
- Leesburg, VA or US Telecommute
PhishMe is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this position
To apply for this position, please follow the link below: https://careers-phishme.icims.com/jobs/1532/application-security-engineer/job