Posted Dec 7
Headquarters: Miami, FL
Our apps define a marketplace dynamic between an iPhone application (demand side) and an iPad application (supply side) connected through a Restful backend.
As a member of our ios team, you will contribute to our customer-facing features as well as our internal tools.
You will be working in a fast-paced, agile environment with some of the most talented people in the industry, supporting a system used by thousands of customers. You will have a lot of decisional freedom - if you think it won't kill the company, go for it. You will be expected to own your work and manage yourself - no time tracking and no performance reviews.
We use agile and are currently experimenting with agile pods. We track our work in JIRA, relying on Slack, UberConference and Basecamp for communication. We automate deployments with Buddybuild.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- implementing new features;
- refactoring existing code;
- squashing bugs;
- reviewing the code of other developers;
- suggesting areas for improvement;
- helping us in our journey to scale;
- kicking back on a mountain in Medellin or a beach in Miami.
- At least 2 years of professional experience w/ native iOS development in swift
- Experience with both iPhone and iPad applications
- At least 3 years of experience
- Experience working remotely is required.
- Commitment and long term projection in the company (The work may be remote, but we are not looking for a freelancer; this job needs to be your professional focus)
- Experience on location aware apps and marketplace apps is a plus.
- Experience working in agile environments is a plus.
- Competitive salary, no matter where you are in the world.
- Yearly company retreats in the world's most beautiful locations.
- Freedom to make your own calls: if it doesn't destroy us, go for it!
- No time tracking or performance reviews. Just do your best work.
- A team of diverse, open, fun and talented people.
- Complimentary eggplants (we'll explain this one along the way).
Apply for this position
To apply for this position please do so at Workable.com, through this URL; https://batteries911.workable.com/j/8F6C0CDCA0