This position can be in-office in NYC or remote work-from-home. Remote U.S. candidates are encouraged to apply.
Our company and mission
AdThrive helps professional publishers make more money with ads on their site by acting as their trusted expert guide in the Wild-West-like world of online advertising. This means helping them figure out which ad networks to use, strategizing how to place ads on their site, and then actually setting the ads up for them for them. Through our work, we help the best creators and contributors on the web: people who have a passion for their craft (cooking, decorating, parenting, finance, investing) get to write about their passion and be paid to live their dream. We help bloggers leave their full-time jobs and stay home with their kids. We help struggling families pay their bills and find hope. We support the people who are creating the internet!
As a Client Support & Communication Strategist for AdThrive, you understand the blogging industry and are immersed in current trends. You’re the kind of person who enjoys helping people and going out of your way to make sure they’re happy. You have a keen sense of awareness in regard to the human condition; how people are diverse, how they all need love and kindness. The thought of helping someone in even the smallest way warms you to your core!
We’re looking for someone who would be happy to spend most of their day crafting up helpful responses to client questions via email, social media and our support ticket system and proactively engaging with them in order to establish and build relationships. This will include analyzing how their ads are performing, coming up with smart, creative ways to frame analytical data so that "non-numbers" type people can understand it, and working with our small team in meetings to strategize and plan so that we can constantly work towards making our services better for our community of bloggers and publishers. Bottom line: Our company’s heart is to serve the best content creators on the web!
Day in the Life
- Responsible for building and maintaining awesome relationships with clients through written communication
- Drafting up stellar blog & social media posts that will be widely read and shared with publishers
- Refining other drafts in to pure gold
- Crafting thoughtful, personal responses to client questions in our support system (Zendesk)
- Analyzing ad layouts and earnings
- Administrative/data entry tasks
- Being an active member of a distributed team via tools like Slack, G Suite, Zoom, Zendesk, Appear.in and more
- Communicating complex concepts simply and creatively
- Organizing data to find solutions
- Analytical decision making and problem solving
You’ll do well if you have:
- Patience, grace, a sense of humor, and some moderate GIF sharing abilities
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A passion for solving tough problems and proposing elegant solutions
- A desire to make everything you touch better
- Genuine desire to help others solve problems and succeed
- High level of comfort working in a fast paced environment
- Creativity in your veins
- A willingness to learn new things and adapt to change
- Familiarity with current blogging trends and insights
- 1+ years of WordPress or equivalent blogging experience
- Strong written communication skills
- Understanding of people - what makes them tick, picking up what they mean even if it's different than what they said, etc.
- Data comparison/analysis and high levels of comfort with spreadsheets
- Working understanding of Blogging & SEO
- Commitment to AdThrive’s Mission Statement
We do have a lot of applicants come through for this position. Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please address the following points in your email/cover:
- Share an example of your writing somewhere online - your own blog, an article you’ve written for another site, etc.,
- Have you ever participated in an amazing customer support team? Tell us more about that and what made it so memorable?
- Are you driven to learn new things? Tell us about an accomplishment in your life that you’re proud of, or the last time you learned something new.
- Pick one company that you feel represents the best customer service you’ve ever experienced and explain why you chose them.
- Show off your creativity in some way (yep, we’re keeping this vague on purpose)!
There is limitless opportunity here for the person who makes themselves valuable. We're a young company and growing fast, so strong leaders and strong performers will have opportunity to grow and see increasing responsibility.