Tech Evangelist (PR & Business Development) - Antivirus/Anti-Malware
Headquarters: New Zealand
Join Emsisoft - A truly global security software company
Emsisoft is based in New Zealand, but our reach is global. Our team is composed of the most dedicated and talented people for the job, working in all corners of the world. We at Emsisoft don't know physical or cultural boundaries. We are all part of a diverse group of experts that create the best possible malware protection software for all.
Emsisoft is on the hunt for a passionate tech evangelist specializing in the antivirus industry. If you love malware protection software and have a proven ability to generate profitable traffic opportunities through a variety of online and offline channels, this could be the job for you!
You will be responsible for increasing our brand and product visibility on an international level, with a particular focus on English and optionally German speaking regions. Whenever someone asks or searches for good protection software, we want our name to appear.
This is a fantastic role for an engaging and charismatic person who has a deeply technical understanding of how things work. You’ll have extensive knowledge of the antivirus industry and available products, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of each antivirus company. At the same time, you’ll also have long-term experience in dealing with people and have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining relationships with key influencers in the industry.
What you’ll be doing
- Seeking out new business partners and communities and carefully establishing trust relationships.
- Building on these partnerships over time and introducing solutions that address our partners’ needs.
- Watching continuously for new business opportunities and developing them into actionable plans to attract and convert new users.
- Furthering our brand’s reputation as an expert.
- Acting as the key point of contact between influencers and our development teams.
- Actively networking in the industry. Getting to know and getting known by influencers as a reliable and trustworthy source for security industry information.
- Being the eyes and ears of Emsisoft to understand what’s going on out there, what problems customers have to deal with, and learning how we can resolve them better than the competition.
What you bring to the role
- Knowledge of the antivirus industry and available products, including strengths and weaknesses of key competitors.
- Strong tech background and understanding of how things work on a deeply technical level.
- Long term experience in dealing with people in public online spaces, and excellent track record in terms of a clean and consistently positive reputation.
- Ability to identify attractive business opportunities and partnerships and make them happen with minimal supervision.
- Ability to create and support enthusiasm about a product or offering.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Bonus points if you
- Have graduated and/or gained previous experience in Marketing, Sales, Business Administration or similar field.
- Have long term experience with Emsisoft products and use them every day.
- Can learn quickly and acquire missing information independently.
- Can work mostly during American and European office hours.
- Are fluent in written German too.
What we offer
- Great work life balance that comes with remote working. Little to no traveling required.
- Long term, 30h/week to full-time career opportunity, working in an interesting field as part of a growing multi-cultural company.
- Semi-flexible work hours providing the short daily meetings are covered.
- Your job will be completely location independent, assuming you have access to a reasonably fast and stable Internet connection.
- Opportunity to grow and make a difference in a widely respected antivirus company.
- Competitive salary.
Think you’d be a good fit for the role? We’d love to hear from you.
Apply for this position
Send us your C.V. and cover letter to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch.