Headquarters: Berkeley, CA
View all Packlane jobs →
Our Business Intelligence team is critical to Packlane’s success, developing the metrics and performance-driven insights that allow us to find new customers and continue satisfying current ones. As a Data Analyst on our team, you’ll be largely responsible for developing our product strategy and analyzing its performance, while closely monitoring and reporting on key metrics and KPI’s for various areas of our business.
Packlane has a growing team that often works remotely. The right person will be self-motivated, driven, and excited about the opportunity to make the role their own. We’re looking for an initiator who has the confidence and skill to meet with key stakeholders across the company and experience building consensus among cross-functional teams. Your communications skills are on point and you never shy away from a challenge.
Finally, the right fit will also be someone who is deeply analytical and has the ability to quickly manipulate data, conduct rigorous analyses and generate actionable insights with little guidance. You ask the right questions and you’re passionate about making sense of the data. Sound like a good fit so far? Read on.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work directly with Packlane’s leaders to execute on mission-critical efforts, including setting high-level strategy and organizing detailed project roadmaps for things like strategic pricing models, manufacturing models, and shipping analysis.
- Develop a deep understanding of Packlane’s business, including an understanding of the competitive landscape, customer base, and internal processes
- Partner with key stakeholders to better develop and use performance metrics across the business
- Conduct sophisticated analysis drawing on a wide variety of data sources and advanced analytical methods, presented in a fashion that can be communicated to a wide variety of audiences.
- Conceptualize, define and maintain core metrics for relevant areas of the business; establish reliable reporting for monitoring these metrics, and proactively provide insights and/or solutions based on observed trends.
- Create new quantitative statistical models to reduce the overall operation cost of the business
- Exhibit a high-level of expertise in helping drive the data strategy across multiple channels (website and apps, surveys, testing, market research etc).
- Drive growth strategies based on profitability, market potential, and sales trends
- Proficiency and familiarity with Business Intelligence tools such as RJMetrics, Chart.io or Looker.
- You have significant experience leading high-impact, complex, multi-stakeholder projects
- Passionate about independently removing obstacles and identifying key metrics that optimize towards strategic initiatives
- Confident in gathering, analyzing and gleaning insights from data using any tools at your disposal, from Pivot Tables through SQL, R and Python.
- Possess sharp business judgement and the ability to see past the noise in large datasets, summarizing and presenting actionable insights
- 4+ years experience in an analytics role or equivalent (previous tech or consulting background a plus!)
- B.A. or B.S. grad with strong academic performance, preferably in Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus (MBA preferred)
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and requests at once
- Expertise in advanced customer analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, surveys and market research.
- Strong oral and written communication skills