Front End Developer
Headquarters: Santa Monica, CA
View all ReCharge jobs →
We're looking for a Front End Developer to join a small team that works on a SaaS user experience used by millions of people every month and powers ten thousand of online stores. On this team you will spend half your time on product and the other half owning the marketing website. We look for people who want to solve problems for customers through design and the quality of their work.
We have two missions at ReCharge: make it easy for people to sell subscription products online, and make our company an amazing place to work. The first mission began as three people working out of a small apartment, trying to solve one of the biggest problems facing Shopify merchants: recurring payments. Now we’re at the forefront of recurring billing software, empowering thousands of entrepreneurs to sell their products as subscriptions, and processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week.
In two years we’ve gone from a team of 3, to a team of 40 people across the world. Our culture is remote-first, so we stay connected every day using Slack and video chat. Being part of a small, fast-growing company is exciting: the opportunities to grow and take ownership at ReCharge are endless. And we’ll make sure you have everything you need to do your best work and make a big impact. Learn more: http://rechargeapps.com/about
If this sounds like the right environment for you – read on.
Front End Developer Responsibilities:
• Will spend roughly 50% of your time owning marketing collateral and 50% working on product UX
• Writing code that is responsive, performant, and accessible.
• Find and address performance issues
• Being champion of great UX. Keeping up with latest trends in the front end and design world to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible7
• Opportunities to learn full stack and front end development through peer mentorship and collaboration
Necessary skills and experience:
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Experience with modern templating engines
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Working with a small team to build great UX
- Design experience
- Educating or scaling new techniques, technologies, and processes within a company or community
- Collaborating on projects or providing mentorship on the stack you love
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support
Does this sound like you?
- You’re self-driven, great at running with ideas and executing them independently
- You’re resourceful: you figure out what needs to be done, and you find ways to make it happen
- You have a passion for problem solving. Nothing gets you more excited than a tricky problem or a new challenge
- You work with a sense of urgency, and know how to hustle
- You believe in what we’re doing and you’re excited to help us grow
As a Front End Developer at ReCharge, you’ll get:
- Apple equipment
- A competitive salary
- Flexible hours and vacation time
- Autonomy to do your thing
- Support from your manager and coworkers
- Yearly team retreats
- The best GIFs ever
Apply for this position
Excited? Apply now. Help us build an amazing product – and a company culture to match. https://boards.greenhouse.io/recharge/jobs/4014539002#.Wp2MDmaZORs