Semaphore is seeking a talented Technical Writer to own the creation and publication of customer-facing product guides and documentation, and contribute to our technical blog.
You'll write for developers and DevOps engineers, and your work will play a vital role in getting customers up and running quickly. Ideally you have both a technical background that enables you to develop examples and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation that helps customers.
This is a remote position and you should thrive in asynchronous communication. We expect you to be able to develop working relationships with coworkers from around the globe.
You'll collaborate with many teams and continuously use customer feedback to improve Semaphore content.
SemaphoreCI.com is a leader in hosted continuous integration and deployment, with over 30,000 developers relying on Semaphore to test and deploy their code. Our mission is to help teams ship their software faster and with more confidence by providing a fast, robust and scalable platform for software delivery.
We work in small, highly effective teams, and every person is vital to the success of the company.
Our team is made of smart, creative people who love their craft. We believe that a great place to work is where we're surrounded by self-managed people who consistently do good work and positively inspire us.
We work in a fast-changing environment of a new market, and there are many ways you can make a great impact. You will not be just reaching developers worldwide through great technical content, but have a voice in shaping the company culture too.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the product and what customers need to succeed with Semaphore.
- Work with Marketing team to plan, create and promote new technical blog posts and tutorials related to beginner and advanced CI/CD topics.
- Work with Engineering teams to ensure features are well documented.
- Work with Customer Success team to prioritize and fill gaps in existing documentation.
- Engage with online developer community and use what you learn to guide your work.
- Review content written by others.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage excellent technical content
- Be passionate about helping developers solve real problems
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts
- Great teaching skills that translate into amazing written work
- Working knowledge of open-source programming languages and Docker
- Be highly organized and self-managed, have excellent work ethic and attention to detail
- Have the ability to work effectively remotely with a team
- Residing in time zone CET +/- 4hrs
- The impact of working on a product that's competing on a global market
- Join a small team of around 20 full-time people who love what they do
- A healthy 40-hour work week, friendly and supportive work environment
- Competitive salary
- Company retreats
- Space to learn continuously and choose the tools and equipment for your job
- Paid trips to conferences and books of your choice
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice
Semaphore is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Apply for this position
Please apply here:https://renderedtext.workable.com/jobs/659367/candidates/new